Believe it or not, there is a right way and a wrong way to shop for a mattress. Over my long and illustrious career helping literally thousand and thousand of good folks choose the right organic or certified mattress for their sleep needs, I have seen many Mattress Shopping mistakes. Here are a few:
- Dress Appropriately! Believe it or not, there is an appropriate and an inappropriate way to dress when out shopping for a mattress. Short skirts, revealing clothing, tight pants or shirts, dirty clothing or shoes...all not the best attire when shopping for a mattress. You want to wear loose or cozy fitting clothing, cotton or lightweight so you can feel the breathability of the mattress and comfort of the surface. Sandal or slip on shoes for ease of slipping out of your shoes and no hats.
- Leave The Food At The Door. Walking around a mattress store with food and/or a beverage could potentially leave merchandise with damage and incur liability. Focus on picking out the best organic mattress or memory foam mattress for your needs, you can eat later. And if you buy from Nest Bedding, you will have more money left than if you bought an overpriced name brand mattress.
- Bring Change. Prepare to stay awhile and be non-rushed. Being in a hurry will not give you a chance to slow down and relax. Give your body a chance to unwind as you are laying on that fancy new latex mattress from Nest Bedding, or the top selling Bed in a Box memory foam mattress. Running back and forth to the meter and worrying about a ticket is not going to help you relax.
- Take A Step Back. When shopping for a mattress in Los Angeles, Berkeley or San Francisco, there are a ton of mattress stores and many mattress choices. In our Nest Bedding Organic Mattress Los Angeles location, there are literally 4 mattress stores within a 50 yard radius. In Berkeley there are organic mattress stores aplenty. And the Organic Mattress San Francisco scene is full of lots of organic mattress choices. Do your research, visit stores, gather information, and then narrow your search to a couple of choice.
- The Final Decision. Ultimately, you want something in your price range, comfortable, durable. Be careful not to fall for the "20 Year Warranty" Trap. That is where you ask how long the mattress will last and the salesperson responds, "It has a 20 year warranty." That is not how long the mattress lasts, that is how long the warranty last. Websites like SleepLikeTheDead.com and other research sites can give you valuable insight into other consumer experiences, along with Yelp. Comfort Guarantees, Third Party Certifications and Country Of Origin are all things you want to consider as well.
Nest Bedding, with stores in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Berkeley and Mountain View is one of the leading organic bedding and certified memory foam mattress stores, specializing in products such as the top rated memory foam mattresses by Bed In A Box.com and some of the best priced organic bedding and mattresses in the market.