Are you consistently struggling to fall asleep at night? If you are, you should consult with your health practitioner or doctor. However, there are a few tips you can try to solve the issue yourself.
A review of 37 sleep studies conducted on more than 2,200 adults with insomnia, published from 1998 through 2004, covered various psychological and behavioral sleep therapies, including these simple ideas:
- Go to bed only when you're sleepy.
- If you can't sleep, get out of bed.
- Use the bedroom only for sleeping, no TV or Reading
- Get up at the same time every morning.
- Don't nap during the day
- Relieve stress through meditation, muscle relaxation, and other methods.
- Challenge your beliefs about sleep. Don't over-analyze your situation.
- Cut out bedroom light and noise.
- Lead a healthy lifestyle through diet and exercise
Sleep deprivation can lead to serious health risks and if not addressed can become a chronic issue. One of the most common complaints I hear in the store is how uncomfortable my customer's old mattresses are, and despite that level of discomfort, they have been sleeping on them for years with the pain and discomfort.
I know mattress shopping can be a pain, but a lack of sleep is worse! Let Nest Bedding help you. In our stores and online, our staff can assist you with a long lasting mattress to fit your budget. We are looking to make customers, not sales!