Sleep is a tricky proposition by itself, and adding a vacation or business trip can sometimes further exacerbate any issues you are having. Getting proper rest on your trip can require some adjustments on your part.
While some find a mattress away from home more comfortable (Those of you may benefit from a trip to the Nest Bedding Mattress stores) most find sleeping away from the comfort of their own bed difficult. Here are some helpful tips to getting the rest your body requires.
- Blacking out your room. A street light streaming though the curtains or blinds can wake you up or keep you from sleeping. Use towels to black out the room and seal off any cracks in the curtains
- Earplugs can keep out the stray siren or noisy neighbors
- Pack your pillow. A familiar pillow can help you achieve sleep and stay asleep
- Change beds. If your bed is too soft or firm, request a firmer bed or a topper to make your bed softer
- Sleep at the same time. If you go to sleep at 10pm, try to sleep at the same time on the road, or create a new same time if you are on a longer trip.
Nest Bedding is committed to helping you get the rest your body needs. Call us for help!