The Ultimate Executive Health and Wellness Checklist
Staying healthy is a personal challenge that everyone should take on. You are the master of your body, which means that your health and wellness are solely your responsibility.
As an energetic modern professional, you have every reason to take on staying healthy like you take on any other life task, with dedication, attention to detail, and a complete checklist. Today, we are providing that checklist.
Health is all about knowing how to take care of yourself from the inside out. So, we'll start with healthy eating and work our way down.
How you take care of your stomach is how your stomach will take care of you. What you eat will become your energy and your long-term health, so choose wisely and energize yourself with a healthy, balanced diet.
Make Each Meal Complete
- Fruit or Vegetables
- A Source of Fiber
Fish Once a Week
- Fatty fish like salmon and tuna contain Omega3
A Colorful Variety of Produce
- The colors of fruits and vegetables indicate a variety of vitamins and nutrients your body needs
Vary Between 3-5 Starch Types
- Ex: Bread, potatoes, rice, and pasta
- Yogurt Once a Day
Limit Unhealthy Add-Ons
- Cook with less oil
- Favor lean foods with minimum fat
- Don't go overboard on salt or sugar
- Fruits and Veggies
- Whole-Wheat Crackers
- Blends like Salsa and Hummus
- More Yogurt
Gett Enough Exercise
If you ask your body for energetic activity each day, it will give you energy each day. If you want to keep your mind sharp and your body feeling great, it's important to get a healthy amount of exercise. But you don't have to be an athlete to accomplish this.
Stretch Every Morning
- Shake it out, stretch every way that feels good
Take a Walk Every Day
- Walking is good for digestion, circulation, and muscle tone
Reach Cardio Heartrate Twice a Week or More
- Train your body to provide energy and stamina
- Cardio every day will provide even more daily energy
Carbs Before Exercises, Protein After Exercise
- Carbs fuel energy for workouts
- Protein builds the muscles you just worked out
If You Don't "Like to Work Out"
- Walk or Run to interesting podcasts
- Dance until you drop in your living room
- Race yourself to finish chores in record time
- Play with your pets or kids
- Breathe the fresh air
- Hiking is more fun than walking around the block
Maintain a Healthy Sleep Routine
The quality of your sleep determines a lot about the quality of your health. People who get enough sleep are more energized, with stronger metabolisms and immune systems.
You can improve the quality and benefits of each night's sleep with just a few intentional changes to your everyday routine. Simply focus on getting better sleep and using the energy you gain from sleep productively.
Health-Oriented Bedtime Ritual
- Brush your teeth
- Take a hot shower or bath
- Drink a glass of water
- Take care of your body before bed
Sleep at the Same Time Every Day
- Set an absolute bedtime every day
- Don't stay up too late on weekends
Optimize Your Sleep Environment
- Lower the temperature
- Make the room pitch-black by covering or turning off lights
- Use white noise to block outside sounds
- Sleep on a properly supportive mattress
- Use clean, comfortable bedding
Self-Care Morning Ritual
- Take time for yourself in the morning
- Don't look at your phone or email until after breakfast
- Eat a healthy, energizing breakfast
- Do a little exercise before your morning shower
Build Your Health Awareness
Being aware of your health status and potential health risks can help you build the best health plan for you. Even if you don't go to the doctor often, keep tabs on your body with the occasional check-up and the right tests to give you perspective on your long-term health decisions.
- Learn your health risk predispositions based on your genes
- Learn your potential medicine sensitivities
Get Annual Wellness Check-Ups
- Be aware of your physical health to hone your wellness at home
Monitor Your Heart and Bones
- Know if and when you are at risk
Stay Healthy At Work
Dedicating yourself to your work is great, as long as your health doesn't suffer as a result. Make sure to keep taking care of your body even when work piles up or you dive head-first into an incredible project.
Pack or Order Healthy Lunches
- Don't let vending machines or pizzas bring down your health
- Discover nearby vegetarian or global-ethnic lunch options
Stand Up at Your Desk
- Let blood circulate
- Do calf-lifts (up on your toes and down)
- Take Walks During Breaks
Take Advantage of the Building Gym
- If your office has a gym, find out what you might like to do there
- Show up early or stay late for free workouts
Maintain Mental Wellness
Finally, be sure to take care of your inner peace and self-awareness. When you know yourself and know how to relax, stress will melt away on command, and you can focus on the things that matter to you most.
Turn Mornings into Self-Care Routines
- Don't open your phone until you're ready
- Reflect on your goals and plans in the shower
- Make time for a healthy breakfast
- Practice Mindfulness
Take Time to Relax
- Take long baths or showers
- Meditate when the mood strikes you
- Make your home a relaxing place
Defend Your Bedtime
- Create a relaxing bedtime ritual
- Go to bed at the same time every night
- Don't let work demands keep you up
- Spend Time with People You Love
This ultimate wellness checklist should be everything you need as a modern professional to take excellent care of yourself, even without a primary care physician and regular trips to the doctor.
For any busy professional, the key to avoiding doctor visits and staying stunningly healthy is to take good care of yourself. Eat well, sleep well, and stay physically active. Keep your body and mind in tune and take time for personal care, even during a hectically busy schedule.
For more insights into health, wellness, and better sleep, contact us today!